Lardeau Regional Park Management Plan
On January 27 and 28, 2020 two open houses were held regarding the Lardeau Regional Park Draft Management Plan. The following are panels providing a brief overview of the presentation at the two open houses along with the Draft Management Plan:
- Lardeau public engagement panels [PDF - 6 MB]
- Lardeau Regional Park Management Plan - PART 1 [PDF - 5 MB]
- Lardeau Regional Park Management Plan - PART 2 [PDF - 3 MB]
- Lardeau Regional Park Management Plan - Appendix A and B [PDF - 640 KB]
- Lardeau Regional Park Management Plan - Appendix C [PDF - 3 MB]
- Lardeau Regional Park Management Plan - Appendix D [PDF - 1 MB]
- Lardeau Regional Park Management Plan - Appendix E [PDF - 1 MB]
Any written comments on the management plan will need to be received by February 18, 2020, end of day. Please complete this form or provide us with your written comments. Comments can be sent to:
E: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
or via mail to: Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson, BC, V1L 5R4
The Regional District of Central Kootenay Board of Directors will be considering endorsement of the management plan at the March 19, 2020 Open Board meeting.
This 2.3 hectare waterfront day use park is on the western shore of Kootenay Lake in the community of Lardeau in Area D of the Regional District of Central Kootenay.
Lardeau Regional Park is primarily used by local residents for day-use public recreation opportunities, including boating (there is a boat launch and parking), picnicking and beach related activities. The property is owned by the Province of BC and is operated by the Regional District through Licence of Occupation.
In 2015/2016 RDCK staff investigated options for the development of the park and held open house meetings in the communities of Meadow Creek and Kaslo. This process has contributed to the next step which is to develop a Park Management Plan.
On May 13 and 14, 2019, two open houses were held regarding the Lardeau Regional Park Management Plan. In addition to these open houses, a third engagement event was held on-site at the Lardeau Regional Park on May 15. The purpose of these events was to present the results from the online survey and gauge participants support of various aspects of the project, including the vision, objectives, and concept plan elements. Participants were given the opportunity to participate in a group discussion, ask questions and complete a questionnaire.
Responses to the questionnaire from each event are summarized here:
Engagement Summary [PDF - 2.9 MB]
Park Management Plan
In September 2018, the Regional District engaged Urban Systems to prepare the Lardeau Regional Park Management Plan. The management plan process will include consultation with interested organizations, approval authorities and the public.
The proposed park management plan will define the future direction, policies, priorities and actions for implementation by the Regional District. Short and long term implementation strategies will be identified to guide the operations, development and stewardship of the park, with a 10-year focus.
Park Management Plan Timeline
Winter 2018/2019 – Online Community Survey (December/January)
Spring 2019 – Community engagement
Winter 2019/2020 – Draft Management Plan and community engagement
Spring 2020 - Final Management Plan
For more information:
Regional Parks Planner
- Friends of Kootenay Lake - Community Values Survey Results
- Kootenay Lake Main Arm - Foreshore Inventory and Mapping Document
- Kootenay Lake Shoreline Guidance Document
- Best Management Practices for Boat Launch Construction & Maintenance on Lakes (BC MOE 2006)
- Lardeau Boat Launch Purpose and Operations Statement 2011 [PDF - 1 MB]
- Fuel Management Prescription Map Lardeau 2011 [PDF - 442 KB]
- Fuel Management Prescription Map Lardeau 2017 (Blocks 3 & 4) [PDF - 896 KB]
The personal information you provide in this survey is being collected pursuant to 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for the purposes of gathering feedback about the Lardeau Regional Park Management Plan. For further information about this collection, you can contact the Privacy Officer at 250-352-8168, email@example.com, or RDCK Privacy Officer, Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson BC, V1L 5R4.
The content on this page was last updated February 10 2020 at 11:39 AM