Sign up for Emergency Notification System
The RDCK's Emergency Notification System is dedicated to communicating with our residents and visitors in the case of an emergency or disaster that requires evacuation or sheltering in place. You will be notified via text, voice call or email, depending on how you sign up, that will instantly alert you to leave your place of residence or current location and seek alternate shelter until the emergency is under control. When you sign up you will indicate the area in which you live in so that you will receive notifications that are relevant to your location.
There is also an added system that will keep evacuees informed with up to date information once they have been evacuated.
For more information, contact Deb Burnett at 250-352-8154.
Current Emergencies or Incidents
Current Evacuation Alerts, Orders and Rescinds | RDCK on Facebook | RDCK on Twitter
- August 19, 2018, 10:30am: Update from the EOC - Wildfire updates (on Facebook)
- August 18, 2018, 7:00pm: Media Release - Evacuation Alerts issued for Syringa Provincial Park and Deer Park areas
- August 17, 2018, 5:00pm: Update from the EOC - Bulldog Mountain and McArthur Creek wildfires (on Facebook)
- August 17, 2018, 11:00am: Update from the EOC - Bulldog Mountain wildfire and McArthur Creek wildfire (on Facebook)
- August 16, 2018, 10:30am: Update from the EOC - Renata Creek/Dog Creek fires and McArthur fire (on Facebook)
- August 15, 2018, 5:00pm: Media Release - Evacuation Alert for area south of Renata to include Shields
- August 14, 2018, 6:30pm: Media Release - Evacuation alert issued for properties south of Renata
- August 13, 2018, 4:00pm: Media Release - RDCK continuing to monitor wildfire activity
- August 11, 2018, 3:30pm: Media Release - Extreme weather on the horizon - Evacuation Order for Sheep Creek Road area still in place
- August 10, 2018, 5:00pm: Media Release - Evacuation Order Issued for Sheep Creek Road Area, Southeast of Salmo
- August 9, 2018, 11:00am: Update from the EOC - McArthur Creek wildfire: There is nothing new to report so far this morning. An Evacuation Alert remains in effect for residences in the Sheep Creek Road area southeast of Salmo (there are six addresses, but only three are residential in nature), and notifications have been delivered. The fire continues to receive active response from BC Wildfire Service. We will provide an update later on today or as the situation warrants.
- August 8, 2018, 6:00pm: Media Release - Evacuation alert issued for Sheep Creek area
The content on this page was last updated August 19 2018 at 1:08 PM
Back to top