Stage 3 Water Conservation Measures in Riondel reduced to Stage 2
August 22, 2018
Nelson, BC: On July 9, 2018 the Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) issued Stage 3 Water Conservation Measures for users on the RIONDEL Water System due to high water demand resulting in low reservoir levels. Effective today, August 22, Stage 3 restrictions have been reduced to Stage 2 Water Conservation Measures.
The RDCK asks that all Riondel Water System users comply with the following Stage 2 measures at a minimum:
- Watering of lawns (including new lawns) ONLY between the hours of 6 am – 10 am, and 8 pm – 10 pm.
- Watering of gardens, trees and shrubs ONLY between the hours of 6 am – 10 am, and 8 pm – 10 pm.
- Watering using drip irrigation, a watering can, and or hand held hose, which eliminates over-spray, is permitted at any time.
Because there is the potential for too many customers to start watering immediately, the RDCK further asks that water users voluntarily comply with the following additional measures until Monday, August 27, 2018:
- Odd numbered houses may start watering on Thursday, August 23, 2018.
- Even numbered houses water on even numbered days and odd numbered houses water on odd numbered days.
A complete listing of Water Conservation Measures can be found on the RDCK's website here; https://rdck.ca/EN/main/services/water/water-conservation.html#restrictions.
The RDCK appreciates your ongoing cooperation in adhering to the above water conservation measures. Stage 2 Water Conservation Measures will remain in effect until further notice and stricter water conservation measures may be required if demand increases significantly, hot and dry weather prevails, or the reservoir declines to critically low levels. If appropriate reservoir levels are restored, then Water Conservation Measures can be relaxed.
We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause, and appreciate your cooperation and patience during this time. For more information and frequently asked questions about water quality contact the RDCK at 1-800-268-7325 ext. 8171, or visit our website at www.rdck.ca/water.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Utility Services Manager
View the print-friendly version [PDF - 159 KB].
The content on this page was last updated August 22 2018 at 11:16 AM