Hours of Operation
- Monday to Saturday
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
(Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation the landfill will operate on the above noted hours until further notice.)
- Closed on all Statutory Holidays
- Weight based fees as per the current Resource Recovery Facilities Regulatory Bylaw.
- Core Depot Recycling Facility. Bins are located inside the entrance gate and are accessible during regular site hours.
- MARR Facility. Recycle most residential major appliances for free.
- (1)Reuse Centre to drop off household items that are still in working condition and taken for free and reused by other. Mixed waste fee applies to drop off items.
- Yard & Garden Waste accepted for free in May (only). User fees apply during the rest of the year.
(1)Reuse Shed is closed until further notice.
- Approximately 21,000 tonnes of waste landfilled each year.
- Approximately 2900 tonnes of waste diverted each year. Diverted materials include: corrugated cardboard, glass containers, metal containers, mixed waste paper, plastic containers (#1 - #7), plastic bags.
- Septage Ponds (infiltration basins) are mixed with chipped wood diverted from the landfill.
- Closure expected in 2047 with an anticipated cumulative waste volume of 1,152,608 m3.
The content on this page was last updated December 17 2020 at 3:24 PM