Creston Community Park
Major upgrade project underway
The Creston & District Community Complex, which is owned and operated by the Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK), is proud to announce a major project to upgrade the outdoor property at the Creston & District Community Complex – Creston Community Park.
The project got underway in April 2018, with an estimated completion date of August 2019, with the total cost estimated at $3.25 million. Funding of $3.1 million is provided by the Government of Canada through the Gas Tax Fund, with an additional $150,000 provided by the Columbia Basin Trust through their Recreation Infrastructure Program.
The project is being funded through the Federal Gas Tax Fund, administered by the Union of BC Municipalities in partnership with the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia.
Highlights of the Upgrade
- A multi-purpose skate park, which will feature 10,000 sq. ft. of innovative functional spaces that skateboarders, BMX riders and scooter riders will be able to enjoy. The area will also include an accessible walkway and seating area for spectators, and a picnic/civic space with seating for social and community gatherings.
- Other features will include a revitalized playground, horseshoe pits, and beach volleyball courts; the addition of pickleball courts and a multipurpose basketball court; upgrades to lighting, landscaping, parking areas, trailheads and pathways; and enhancements to accessibility between the indoor and outdoor amenities of the Complex.
Watch the work in progress!
More videos from the site will be posted on the Creston & District Community Complex Facebook page or the RDCK YouTube channel.
Take a look at a conceptual drawing of the multi-purpose skatepark.
Note: This drawing is for illustrative purposes only. The actual construction may look different from the conceptual plan.
- Media release - Award of Creston Community Park construction (May 16, 2019)
- Media release - Construction of Creston skatepark underway (April 26, 2019)
- In the news - "Creston Community Park bids under evaluation" (January 25, 2019, MyCrestonNow)
- Media release - Creston Community Park project progressing (October 12, 2018)
- Media release - Design phase of Creston Community Park well underway (July 10, 2018)
- Media release - Creston Community Park to get a major upgrade (March 10, 2018)
For more information about the project, please contact:
Randy Fediuk, Manager of Recreation
Creston & District Community Complex
Regional District of Central Kootenay
The content on this page was last updated June 7 2019 at 11:47 AM