Recreation Commission 7 (Salmo and Area G)
Recreation Commission 7 is a local commission established by the RDCK Board to advise the Board on local recreation and/or park operation needs of the community. Recreation Commission 7 serves the communities of Hall Siding, Ymir, Ross Spur, Airport Road, Erie, Porto Rico, Nelway, Salmo and Salmo North. The Recreation Commission has the mandate to carry out recreational programming activities and provide financial contributions to groups providing recreational programs on behalf of the commission.
Eligible non-profit organisations, societies and clubs serving Salmo and Electoral Area G may apply for recreation program funding.
There are two grant cycles per year:
1. Spring – for projects/programs running in Summer and Fall
2. Fall – for projects/programs running in Winter and Spring
APPLICATION EVALUATION CRITERIA
- The applicant has demonstrated that there is a significant community recreational, park or trailneed for this program/event/project and it fills a gap that is not currently covered or duplicated by other services within their community.
- The project plays a unique role specific to the community. The project serves and involves the community.
- The budget has included admission/registration fees.
- The applicant has leveraged additional resources. (i.e., capital project has matching funds for requested amount)
- Final Reports are up to date and complete.
- Is this a new applicant (higher score)? Is this a repeat candidate (lower score)?
Please complete the application form in its entirety including a list of Executive Officers, a copy of the organisation's latest financial statement, and additional information as needed to a maximum of five (5) additional pages and forward the completed application to:
Recreation Commission 7
Salmo, BC V0G 1Z0
- Monday, March 11, 2019, no later than noon
- The Commission will evaluate submissions at the Salmo and Area G Recreation Commission meeting on Monday, March 18, 2019. Applicants may attend the meeting.
FINAL FINANCIAL REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
Organisations in receipt of Recreation 7 funding are required to submit a final financial report for each project supported with Recreation 7 funding. The report must be completed in its entirety including financial statement information, project outcome details, accompanied by copies of receipts/invoices that provide details and proof of how all the funding was utilised. Project expenditures supported by Recreation 7 funding need to have incurred during the noted project period.
FINAL FINANCIAL REPORTS
Please contact Ryan Ricalton, Recreation Programmer at Ph: 250-357-0121 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding grant applications or eligibility.
The content on this page was last updated February 13 2019 at 11:44 AM