Recreation Commission 6 (Area H, New Denver & Silverton)
Recreation Commission 6 is a local commission established by the RDCK Board to operate the Recreational Program Local Service in Area H, New Denver and Silverton (Slocan Lake). The Recreation Commission has the mandate to carry out recreational programming activities and provide financial contributions to groups providing recreational programs on behalf of the commission.
Based upon the specific bylaw the commission can consider applications from eligible non-profit organisations, societies and clubs within Area H, New Denver, Silverton and District Regional Facilities, Recreation, Parks and Leisure Service Areas may apply for recreation program funding.
Application Evaluation Criteria:
- The applicant has demonstrated that there is a significant community recreational, park or trail need for this program/event/project and it fills a gap that is not currently covered or duplicated by other services within their community.
- The project plays a unique role specific to the community. The project serves and involves the community.
- The budget has included admission/registration fees.
- The applicant has leveraged additional resources. (i.e., capital project has matching funds for requested amount).
- Final Reports are up to date and complete.
- Is this a new applicant (higher score)? Is this a repeat candidate (lower score)?
Call for Grant Applications Recreation Commission 6 - District Programs or Capital Projects:
Who can apply?
- Non-profit organisations, societies and clubs within Area H, New Denver, Silverton and District Regional Facilities, Recreation, Parks and Leisure Service Areas may apply for recreation program funding.
How to apply:
- Complete the Grant Application form in its entirety including a list of Executive Officers.
- Provide a copy of the organisation's latest financial statement and any additional information as needed.
- Forward application and additional information to:
Recreation Commission 6
New Denver, BC, V0G 1S0
Deadline for Application Submissions: October 15, 2019
- Grant Application [DOCX - 138 KB]
- Final Report - Program Grant [PDF - 161 KB]
- Final Report - Capital Project [PDF - 155 KB]
The content on this page was last updated October 1 2019 at 12:53 PM