Recreation Commission 4 - Area K and Village of Nakusp
The RDCK Board established the Area K & Nakusp Recreation Commission 4 to advise the Board on local recreation and/or park operation needs of the community.
Who Can Apply?
Based upon the specific bylaw the commission can consider applications from eligible non-profit organisations, societies and clubs within Area K and District Regional Facilities, Recreation, Parks and Leisure Service Areas may apply for recreation program funding.
Ensure the following (if applicable) is submitted with the application:
- A list of Executive Officers
- A copy of the organisation’s latest fiscal financial statement
- Additional information in support of the application
Eligible non-profit organizations, societies, and clubs serving the Electoral Area K & Local Service Recreation Commission area may apply for recreation program or project funding.
Application Evaluation Criteria:
- The applicant has demonstrated that there is a significant community recreational, park or trail need for this program/event/project and it fills a gap that is not currently covered or duplicated by other services within their community.
- The project plays a unique role specific to the community. The project serves and involves the community.
- The budget has included admission/registration fees.
- The applicant has leveraged additional resources (i.e., capital project has matching funds for requested amount).
- Final Reports are up to date and complete.
- Is this a new applicant (higher score)? Is this a repeat candidate (lower score)?
There are two grant cycles per year:
- Spring – for projects/programs running in Summer and Fall.
- Fall – for projects/programs running in Winter and Spring.
Grant Application Submission:
Return completed application to:
Recreation Commission 4 - Area K & Nakusp
Village of Nakusp
Nakusp, B.C., V0G 1R0
Or email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The content on this page was last updated November 19 2018 at 3:40 PM